[3830] TBDC N9NE Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Oct 26 15:02:10 PDT 2010

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: N9NE
Operator(s): N9NE
Station: N9NE

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Amherst, WI

Total:  QSOs = 62  Total Score = 1,000,000

Setup here is (was) K3 @ 5W to 53' vertical T and/or a 176' doublet at 65'. I
watched one of the T sections break this morning (Tuesday) in 60 mph gusts as a
low pressure system moved over Lake Superior to my north. Fixing that in
freezing weather will add at least 3 db to my signal....

QRN from T-storms wore me down by 10 pm local time (CDT), as I was having a
tough time copying even the HP stations.  I had a go of it from 4:30 to 6:30 am
before I had to get ready for other activities. I was elated to get KH6LC and
KV4FZ in the log in the predawn hours.

Kudos to all of you who could pick out my puny signal. Thanks for the patience
it often took to copy the grid square correctly. It is a bit of magic or mojo,
isn't it? You deserve the extra points.

Hope to see you all in the BIG SP!

72/73
Todd

p.s. I'm letting the sponsors calculate my score, thus the fanciful number
above. It wouldn't take 'I dunno'!