[3830] CQWW SSB AA8IA SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 31 18:08:46 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Toronto OH

   80:   16     3        2
   40:    9     5        6
   20:   45    14       29
   15:   82    17       47
   10:   33     8       10

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Only put in about 1/4 the time.   Ran assisted to take advantage of spotting
since I wasn't going to be competitive anyway.   Low wires and no power really
can't compete with directional stacks and high power on SSB.   Don't get me
wrong - I had fun, especially on 15m.   10m opened a bit on Sunday to South
America [and perhaps elsewhere for the big stations].   It was a fleeting few
hours during the afternoon when I saw 10m perk up, and I stuck around and
worked all I could.

I definitely need a tribander for next year -- too much fun on 20-10m.

Looking forward to CW next month.   Thanks to all who gave me Qs.