[3830] CQWW SSB ST2AR(S53R) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 31 22:50:03 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ST2AR
Operator(s): S53R
Station: ST2AR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Khartoum

  160:    2     2        2
   80:   32     8       31
   40:  140    19       60
   20:  267    28       90
   15: 1825    33      120
   10:  706    23       85

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

Planned 5M points, but as the weekend in Sudan is Fri/Sat I had too many work
commitments on Sunday morning and did not manage to operate full time.
Nevertheless I'm pretty happy with the score! Bands were quite good and I kept
getting amazed what can be done with 100W! I never really liked QRP/LP, but
when forced into it, it is a lot of fun. And without cluster, it is a
hard-core, good ole-time operating! Sporadic CQs - until you get squeezed out
by high-power plants and endless up-and-down exercise in finding the new ones.
Same as when I started contesting many many moons ago.

I nearly missed Sunday evening opening to US on 10m. I changed the band for a
quick check just to hear NN3W giving 59 “five” to someone! Only 15 minutes
ago the band sounded like a coffee grinder – sssshhhhhh, and here it was wide
opened to US now!? A quick CQ yielded some 40 QSOs and it died out rather
quickly after. However South/Central Americas were still heard very late in the
evening. There seems to be a tunnel into PY on 15/10 and the signal strengths
from that part always amaze me!

And now for something really hard-core! 160m, SSB low power  Wanna give it a
try? Well….. 2 QSOs in the whole contest and 3 stations heard overall. One
feels like sitting in the deepest and most remote part of universe here trying
to operate SSB on top band.

That’s all, very much looking for CW part. Will be SOAB LP again and on CW I
can run even on 80 and 40, which promises even more fun.

73 Robert, ST2AR / S53R