[3830] NCCC Sprint K8MR LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Sep 2 20:11:21 PDT 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 3

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio

  160:   4      3
   80:  13     11
   40:  12     10
   20:  10      7
Total:  39     31  Total Score = 1,209

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

QRN!

I reinstalled my 40 meter dipole this afternoon, so tried SO2R with that and my
venerable TS-830S. Probably not good for my score, it is just too different from
the IC-746 to easily mix and match. Found that RF feedback on 40 locked up the
external keyer.  Lost at least two qsos from that. Ferrite before next week, if
I keep using the second rig/antenna.

Thanks to all the NSers who followed me around Ohio last Saturday.  Quite a
good turnout. Most unexpected QSO was K7SS answering my CQ on 20 SSB for the WA
mult. I think it was the only answer to a CQ on that band.

73  -   Jim   K8MR