[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W3USA/R(K8MR) Rover LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 13 18:47:06 PDT 2010

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: W3USA/R
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR/M

Class: Rover LP
QTH: EN 80-81-91

    6:  17      8
    2:  29     12
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  46     20  Total Score = 920

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This weekend is a busy one - the VHF test, the CW Sprint, and the Findlay OH
Hamfest, the biggest in Ohio aside from Dayton. (plus the WAE SSB which I did
not play).

I put the six and two meter loops on the K8MR minivan for the trip to Findlay.
I used the IC-746, my regular radio on my HF mobile contest trip.

For the record AC8E was the driver, though he did not operate.  W1NN also added
to the conversation during the many slow moments of the contest.

Several 300 mile qsos on two meters, which I considered very respectable. Not
much activity during the hours of the trip, but playing contest helped make it
a quick trip. One item of note - there sure is a lot of power line noise out in
the boondocks.

I had done work in the week prior to the contest to get my station available
for a five band rover effort, and had considered heading over to the
FN00/01/EN90/91 grid corner on Saturday. In the end there was just too much
going on over the weekend.  That grid corner is only about 30 miles from where
my parents live, so for some contest I hope to combine a visit with a rover
trip down there.

73   -   Jim   K8MR