[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1TR Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Sep 14 09:32:05 PDT 2010

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K1TR
Operator(s): K1TR
Station: K1TR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN42/WMA

  1.2:   45    13
  2.3:   23    10
  3.4:   13     9
  5.7:    8     7
  10G:    9     4
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  702   156  Total Score = 186,108

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My recollection is that the last time conditions were that poor in the Northeast
was Sept 2003. It seemed that there were severe propagation blockages in the
usual high-QSO directions of SW and West.  The WA1ZMS (FM07) and W3CCX (FM29)
beacons on 2m were had very respectable signal levels Friday evening but just
about vanished during most of the contest.  Offsetting that to some extent were
the decent weather (no rain) and, with the exception of my 5 GHz IF cable
failing, no system failures.
A special thanks to the Rovers !!!