[3830] NCCC Sprint KE3X LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Sep 16 20:15:13 PDT 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 17

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: KE3X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Washington, DC

  160:   6      5
   80:  17     14
   40:  10      9
   20:   0      0
Total:  33     28  Total Score = 924

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow - what a wacky night - came close to 1,000 points, which is a big deal for
this station.  20 was completely dead - nothing heard, nothing worked.   Had 11
QSO's in the first 6 minutes on 40M, then no QSO's for another 5 minutes, since
I had worked everyone there so quickly I guess?   80 was great, with mults just
rolling in.

Biggest surprise was working 6 stations on 160.  Believe it or not, after 36
years in ham radio since 1974, I had never built my own 160 antenna until this
month - so working anyone at all on 160 is a huge kick.

Nice to get N0AX, K4GM and NT2A in the log - come back next week, guys!   Hope
to see everyone in the NA SSB Sprint this Saturday night.

73, Ken KE3X