[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Sep 16 20:26:32 PDT 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 17

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX

  160:   0      0
   80:  13     11
   40:  29     17
   20:   6      4
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  48     32  Total Score = 1,536

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This one is not gonna be a keeper. Very strange conditions, and twenty meters is
fading as a key band. The west was very loud, but the band had a narrow
footprint. I spent too much time on the band for only six contacts. 40 was very
good, but for some reason most stations on 80 were very weak. I called a lotta
CQs with no answer (at least that I could hear). Ted, N9NB, was loud on both 40
and 80. That new QTH is gonna be a winner.

No three baggers but tnx to two bands to W7OM, W6MM, WD0T (whom I am not
catching!), N4AF, WI2E, N9CK, K0AD, K1GU, and my pal N9NB/4.

Five minute segments are characterized by a very poor start as twenty meters
outsmarted me: 7, 11, 7, 7, 10, and 6.

Lots of operators were giving me numbers equal or more than mine. In general
activity seemed a bit down. It was nice to hear a very loud W6MM in ID! Sure
with Mike was around in the NA Sprint! Tnx for a rare one tonight.

NO5W was the only other TX station heard. Don't know why activity has fallen
off.

Tnx for the activity and the NCCC and 3830 support.

Jim N3BB