[3830] BARTG 75 K4GMH SO Expert HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 19 14:27:04 PDT 2010

                    BARTG Sprint 75 - September

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: VA

Total:  152  Mults = 45  Continents = 2  Total Score = 13,680

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to BARTG for sponsoring the Contest.  Also, thanks to all who were kind
enough to work me.

Good turnout and with several new calls being worked on 75 Baud.

Surprised to be able to work several European stations on 15 m following the
start of the Contest.  Lately, 15 meters is not open to Europe at 1700Z or at
least it seems.

Nice to have the Contest right before CQ WW RTTY as had to get a few things
working as have not been in some of the recent RTTY contest.  Going to have to
get the mess of wires in back of the desk in order to eliminate the loose
connectors, etc.

Seventy five baud is fun.  Definitely have to keep your eye on the screen when
running SO2R, 75 baud!  The SO2R timing has to be adjusted to the faster pace
of 75 baud.  Sometimes I made the adjustment and other times I seemed to be
fumbling everything.  The faster pace should help with the 45 baud SO2R of CQ
WW RTTY.

See you in the CQ WW RTTY this weekend.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH