[3830] BARTG 75 VA7ST Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 19 20:53:11 PDT 2010

                    BARTG Sprint 75 - September

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

Total:  14  Mults = 7  Continents = 1  Total Score = 108

Spent many hours today trying to get my NetMos (MosChip) 4-port PCI serial card
to work properly. Four of those hours were while listening to the guys having
fun in the contest. Managed to get it working for precisely 11 minutes (after
three hours of installing, restarting, reinstalling, etc.), in which I made my
12 QSOs. It was the best 11 minutes of RTTY contesting in a long time. Till the
computer froze solid.

Never did get it working -- XP and NetMos drivers don't mix, I guess. Well,
they worked fine for two years, until a couple weeks ago. Back to the
USB-to-Serial cables, which work just fine (but EXTFSK doesn't do 75-baud, or
I'd have run the whole test!)

Very sorry to have missed most of this one.

-- Bud VA7ST