[3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Sep 23 20:17:49 PDT 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 24

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   1      1
   80:   4      2
   40:  15     11
   20:  14      9
Total:  34     23  Total Score = 782

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Up at NN7SS this week, so I could finish the ladder with:
  5 weeks from NN7SS(K6UFO); and
  5 weeks K6UFO(@W6YX).

A minor flub when I hit a wrong button and lost KZ5D, but got
him later.  I also think I got an antenna switched wrong or other
problem, since 80m was weak - I'll chase it down during RTTY :-)

20m was long but good with 14Q x 9M in 9 minutes.
40m was noisy and busy but I got 15Q x 11M in 15 minutes.
80m was weak but 4Q x 2M in 3 minutes.
And I knew DanWa was on, so I was sure of 1 x 1 on 160m in 1.

The Ladder was great fun, thanks to everyone who participated.
My QRP scores are stuck around 800pts, so I'll have to implement
some changes and secret weapons for next ladder... (send your
suggestions!)

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m-10m: C-31XR at 71ft.
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Half-sloper from 60ft
160m: Inverted L over metal garage roof.
Yaesu FT-1000MP turned down to 5 watts.
Writelog software and K0PC contest module.