[3830] NCCC Sprint K3STX LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Sep 24 03:21:29 PDT 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 24

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

   80:   9      7
   40:  13      9
   20:   9     15
Total:  31     21  Total Score = 651

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Had probably my best start ever in the first 6 minutes, I worked the loud guys
on 20, and once it seemed played out I moved to a noisy 40. Progress still
really good (for me), and after QSO #25 or so (after 15 minutes into test), I
called K0AD on 40... AGAIN! Wondered whether I typed the "0" as an "O" the
first time, I did not. Confused. Moved on, tried to call K0PC... AGAIN! What
the hell is going on! Then I realized I used N1MM "Sprint LADD" as the contest
and remember we USED to be able to work DUPES, went into the CONFIGURER to turn
"Work Dupes" off (could not). I was so flustered it was 7 minutes down, REALLY
threw off the flow. Went to 80, it too was noisy, and by 25 minutes in I worked
all I could. I think I have ALWAYS used the regular NA Sprint Module on N1MM and
simply scored mults by hand. I assume this is what happened, did this ever
happen to other guys using the SPRINT LADD module?

Other than this MAJOR problem, it was fun to cruise along and give numbers that
were in line with the big boys for the first 15 minutes (for once). Sorry I was
on so little this year, family life keeping us REALLY busy with school,
swimming, diving, football, etc... As alwasys, fun to work the old gang.

paul