[3830] TxQP N4CD/M SO Mobile LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 26 15:49:43 PDT 2010

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: N4CD/M
Operator(s): N4CD
Station: N4CD/M

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  634     0       0  Mults = 130  Total Score = 258,750

Activated 11 counties on a one day trip to the northeast.   I needed about 30
counties  in TX so wanted to be where I could work some of the other mobiles.
Worked out well between Sat (mobile) and Sunday at home (separate log). This is
just for mobile on Sat.   Worked a bunch of TX stations (82 counties) nearly all
on 40M on Saturday and a pile more on Sunday.

I was rudely awakened Saturday morning by lightning and thunder at 4:30.   Fall
was trying to arrive.  It flashed for the next hour and rain came down.  Well, I
was set to go, go got up at 5:30am and headed off to breakfast at Denny's after
putting antennas on car.   Put the 40M SSB antenna on but never used it.

Windshield wipers got used most of day.

I started in Grayson and circled around to east .   AD4EB/m was in the same
neck of the woods running counties, and I would see the tail end of W3DYA/m
white car later in the day.   It was 70 deg and no sun all day long.   I
stopped to run and in between was tuning for the counties I needed in TX.

DX logged included OK, OE, LY, LZ, PA,  G, DL, HK, and JA.  Nice to work AK,
DE,  and VT for multipliers.  Rest of Canada other than ON and NS absent.   No
OR, ND,RI, AR, OK, NV,  or SD or ID in the log.

Worked a few mobiles in 5 counties, but not many.  Got many more of them on
Sunday in multiple counties.  They were zipping all over the place.

Plan worked as between mobile on Sat and home on Sunday in COLN, worked 21 of
the 31 counties I needed.   Others likely run but no skip or not run on 40M CW
or I was running a county when they were running.

Fun day.  Got home 7:30 pm after 12 hours on the road.

Rig:  IC706 - six foot mast on mag mount, grounded, with 40/30/20/15/17
resonators horizontal.   Car - Chevy Malibu.

Thanks to Chuck, NO5W, who puts in lots of effort all year long to try and get
all 254 counties on the air for one of the best QSO parties each year.  And to
the mobiles who make it fun!