[3830] CQ WW RTTY KL7RA SOSB/20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 26 17:24:16 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Alaska

   20: 1095  2741      56      76    30
Total: 1095  2741      56      76    30  Total Score = 444,042

Serious 48 hour SO2R all band effort dissolved away to a single band 20 when I
had power. High winds caused major power failures on the Kenai peninsula. My
'always' last minute setup was in the dark with a flashlight but we did get
power to start the contest which was a good thing. Not so good was of course
nothing worked right as I had a lot of stuff screwed up. But no worry, the
power went off anyway after a few hours and stayed off most of the evening.

20 was open 24 hours a day to somewhere just many of these hours no one could
hear me very well or at all. Other times we had nice rate. I was able to keep a
nice balance between the lower 48 with their state mults and JA/Europe
indicating pretty good conditions mostly.

I will be back next year as muti-op now that I can do this RTTY thing, kind-of,
and the WW RTTY contest has plenty of activity for sure.

By the way, KL7 is not a state for the 500 people that asked, you just need my
zone for this contest.  73 Rich KL7RA