[3830] CQ WW RTTY IC8TEM SOSB/20 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 27 06:38:04 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: IC8TEM
Operator(s): IC8TEM
Station: IC8TEM

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Capri Island JN70CN

Total:  574  1298      39      70    23  Total Score = 171,336

STATISTICS:
ZONES WKD: 1,3,4,5,6,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,23,24,25,26,27,28,30,33,34,40
USA STATES: CO,KS,MN,MO,CT,MA,ME,NH,RI,VT,NJ,NY,MD,PA,AL,FL,GA,KY,NC,SC,TN
VA,NM,CA,AZ,OR,WA,OH,WV,IL,WI.
CANADA PROVINCE: AB,BC (3x),NB,NS,ON,PEI,QC,SK.

COMMENT:
This year, due to reaching the maximum of solar cycle, I decided to repeat my
participation in CQWW RTTY. In 2008 I had only 393 qsos (982 points) and 124
mults. So I am very very happy, but I'm wondering why I didn't hear anytime any
W5: maybe it can be a QSB trouble. I'm less than a little pistol: I have only
1/4 wl GP ant for 10,15,20 and 40 and TS-2000 (50w out). I have found this big
QSB in the evenings, that make me to go bed at 2130z first evening and at 20z,
because USA stns cannot hear my vy vy weak signal. I must thank all stations
for having patience with me, because I need to get a bit of luck for print my
call on screens without garbage characters. Hrd many other DX as KH2/N2NL,
ZL3ME, 6V7X, ZS2, ST2AR, A61BK, VU2LBW, BD1TCC, VE4EAR, PJ2S, some KP3, KH6MB,
JY4NE but wkd people as VK7GN, 9M2CNC, 9M2TO, E21YDP, KL7RA, DU1IVT, DU1BP,
YB4IR, 4B1EE, SU/HA3JB, OD5O.
I expected that more USA stations were calling towards Europe, but I saw many
USA answering to EU with signals around S-9. I tried also to CQ towards USA,
but my sign was barely audible only on East coast + Ohio, judjing the people
who were answering me.
I don't want to accuse anyone, but I hope to get better conditions in future.

QSL route: DIRECT (qrz.com) or eQsl.cc or LoTW.

Best 73 from Capri Island de Costy IC8TEM (iota EU-031)