[3830] CQ WW RTTY VY2LI SOSB/40 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 27 07:15:37 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VY2LI
Operator(s): VY2LI
Station: VY2LI

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: PEI

   80:    1     1       1       1     1
   40:  647  1565      48      61    15
   20:    0     0       0       0     0
   15:    0     0       0       0     0
   10:    0     0       0       0     0
Total:  648  1566      49      62    16  Total Score = 198,882

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to run 40M LP again this year to see if I could move up last year's
score.I did--way up,but from Livescore reports got waxed by N2WQ/VE3.Nice
job!With about an hour to go and the band fading I was still hoping to top
200K.Spent the last 10 min frantically looking for a newbie since CQing wasn't
working,but to coin a Cribbage term,I literally died in the 'stink hole',about
one/two Qs shy of my mark.It was awful tempting to snap on the SB-220 to try
the pileup on CR3L because 100W just wasn't cutting it.

Bands seemed pretty decent which was good for LP;other wise I might have
regretted my decision to stay with LP.I did not;however,work any
Pacific,including KH6 which I usually always snag on 40.Heard a few weak
ones,but no Qs,and no JAs despite seeing them being worked.Not so sure my off
time was well selected.

VY2SS was the only station that I had any luck with moving bands(80).A couple
of the Multis asked but I could not hear them on designated
frequency.Fortunately,also worked fellow MCCer VA1CHP for NS,but nothing heard
from VO/VE9,VE5,VE6.Thanks for VE4,Ed (EAR).Hope we got into you log.73,Bill

EQUIPMENT:
FT-990,N1MM,Rigblaster
Wilson SY-1 tribander,rotatable 40DP @70'
80M 1/4 vert,comfortable chair!!!