[3830] CQ WW RTTY N2WQ/VE3 SOSB(A)/40 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 27 07:34:04 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N2WQ/VE3
Operator(s): N2WQ
Station: N2WQ/VE3

Class: SOSB(A)/40 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:  788  1852      55      79    25
Total:  788  1852      55      79    25  Total Score = 294,468

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Due to a storm-related power outage, I started the contest 3 hours late!
Definitely not good for morale.

This is my first real try of the new 4 el yagi at 90 feet up. It works really
well. I had no problem hearing and working JA, HL, VK, and ZL. It was amazing,
and a real bummer, that I could copy Europe about 2 hours before (2000 GMT)
they could (2200 GMT). Clearly I need a real amp to improve the SNR on the far
end.

Having 4 different MMTTY profiles decoding at the same time was very helpful.
Was able to dig out weak signals most of the time. Next time I will add some
more decoding diversity through MMVARI, DXP38, and TrueTTY.

Biggest challenge was staying awake between 1 and 4 am local time.  Need much
better rest and stronger coffee for the next one.

All in all I am very pleased with the outcome. Next year's target is at least
1000 QSOs.

Rudy N2WQ