[3830] CQ WW RTTY N2FF SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 27 09:59:19 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: East Williston, NY

   80:   92   115       28       8     8
   40:  171   341       34      48    15
   20:  249   627       28      74    24
   15:  214   523       16      64    24
   10:   15    36        2       6     5
Total:  741  1642      108     200    76  Total Score = 630,528

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

Last year we won for our contry with 450 QSO's, but of course we were the only
station on in that country when we operated as 6Y0FF from Jamaica.  Sadly no
trip this year.  Perhaps next year.

Operating assisted, we spent most of the first day picking off mults and little
time running as it is not all that easy with only 100 watts.  Sunday semed to
have better condiditon - less noise and more places to run high and low in the
band.  At one point on Sunday there was RTTY all the way up 14150 and in the
evening 40 RTTY went from just below 7030 all they way up to 7090.  Amazing!!!!
Much therapy for 40M CW operators this week.

It was great to work ST2AR on more than one band for country number 312 on
RTTY.  We also spent a lot more time running on Sundayand our QSO rate graph
shows it.  Fifteen wa almost backc to normal with same number of zones as 20
had - 24.

We felt very satisfied with the ressults from one tired operator with a 100
watts and a 3 element quad at less than 50 feet.

Thanks to all the old and new friends who worked me and those few who spotted
me.  I can't wait until 2010.

Best moment: Getting a call from Tony, N2UN, a long term RTTY hold out.
Luckily I was sitting down.