[3830] TxQP AB5X SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Sep 28 10:00:42 PDT 2010

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: AB5X
Operator(s): AB5X
Station: AB5X

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: UPSH

   40:  162     0       0
   20:  155     0       0
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  317     0       0  Mults = 108  Total Score = 102,708

Operation was limited by a bad long lasting thunderstorm.
RTTY interference was terrible. A better ARRL band plan is
needed to permit at least 20 khz to remain for the CW operator.
I plan to take this matter up with ARRL, FISTS, QCWA and anyone
else who will listen.  The second day in the morning due to the
rain from the thunderstorm we had a long period of dense fog that
causes severe line noise. The racket was not just local, I heard
(with difficulty) a few other Texas stations complaining about
the noise as well. All and all I had fun, I hope the others had
fun as well, and after all that is what ham radio has been all
about for the last 58 years for me. 73