[3830] CQ WW RTTY NO2T SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Sep 28 11:15:32 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: NO2T
Operator(s): NO2T
Station: NO2T

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:

   80:   79   120       28      18    10
   40:  185   346       38      41    16
   20:  585  1477       33      66    21
   15:  252   658       18      53    20
Total: 1101  2601      117     178    67  Total Score = 941,562

Club: Bergen Amateur Radio Association

Comments:

Ouch!! Had a break in my 20-10 antenna fed line late Friday eve. Did not get it
repaired till Saturday noon. Before climbing tried to use a lower and smaller
20 meter antenna. No good.  Just proves that " big antennas high in the sky" is
the way to go. While for this little pistol high means 20 meters. it is amazing
the difference. Had to fix the antenna (broken Coax). For this 82 year old it
was a bit slow going. First to go up there and find out what was wrong, and
then getting a soldering iron etc up to the break. Took me 2 hours of prime
time. What a difference. I heard more stations and they heard me. Thank you for
all the Q's. For the first time was able to work 3 stations in 1 minute several
times. 2 stations a minute for an hour. This operating SO1R. Wish that my SO2R
setup was up and running. Maybe next year. As for propagation Sunday was much
better than Saturday. Despite being tired and sometimes suffering from mental
confusion was able to work through. Looked at 10 but felt the rate was not good
enough to spend time there. Played catchup until 7 pm Sunday. Then looked for
any mults that could be heard. Once again it was a very good CQWW RTTY/ Hope
that conditions keep improving. 73 best de de Jerry NO2T
Used a software defined radio, Flex-3000 throughout. No knobs!!