[3830] TxQP N4CD Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Sep 28 17:52:07 PDT 2010

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: N4CD
Operator(s): N4CD
Station: N4CD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: COLN

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  146     0       0  Mults = 103  Total Score = 44,054

Saturday I went mobile.  This is for Sunday  when I stayed at home and tried to
fill in needed counties for my county hunting log.

Worked 89 counties and mainly tried to work TX mobiles.   Between the mobile
trip on Saturday and the time at home on Sunday, worked 141 different TX
counties which is pretty amazing considering the skip, and the fact that one or
two mobiles never came down to 40M county after county.   Sunday afternoon had
120 mile skip on 40M  to Northwest to catch some close in ones.  Weird.

I"m sure I missed 50 counties while I was running counties.  Some runs on
Saturday went on for 40 minutes - they pile never seemed to end.  I need to
speed up my sending.  The keyer is set at 27 wpm, and that wasn't fast enough.
Some were doing 33 wpm plus.  I did paper log - no computer yet.

I know NO5W and W3DYA were out there, but only a few contacts from each - just
running in my 'non-skip' zone here.