[3830] WPX SSB N3UM SOAB(TS) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Apr 6 20:08:26 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N3UM
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: N3UM

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: MD

Total:  829  Prefixes = 517  Total Score = 1,329,724

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My second-best claimed score in 9 straight years doing WPX SSB.  Only about 5.5%

behind my best score, last year, mostly because I operated 1.4 hours less this

year.  More QSOs on 15 and 10 m. this year than in any year since 2005: some
sunspots are back.  Found no EU stations on 10 m., but lots of SA stations on
10
with QSO totals of several thousand.  A thrill to easily work one station in
Taiwan and one in mainland China, though of course the mult counted no more
than
the ordinary ones I missed such as K2 and W8.  Also missed W9, K6, K0, N5, and

N8, but I think it was worth it to focus on intercontinental QSOs worth 3 to 6
points instead of 1 point.