[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Apr 8 09:18:04 PDT 2011

                    NCCC Sprint - April 8

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): .50

  160:   4      4
   80:   8      8
   40:  14     11
   20:  13      9
Total:  39     32  Total Score = 1,248

First, a hearty welcome to N1SNB!  As a first time Jeff  notes "the only way to
go is up". . but 500 is a fine starting score.  Jeff, very happy to have worked
you from CY0. . I think you should return and give us a rare NS multiplier!

V. good cdx, but one strange thing on 20m . . pre-NS N4AF was pushing 20 over
9; K4BAI was S2 . . hope that wasn't becuase John's coax fell out the window
again.

Couldn't get traction any band tonight, and recent storms have taken another
toll on my 20m beam.  160 had a surprising burst at the end. . . w/Q's with
W7WHY, WD0T, W4NZ and N6RO.  Ted's effort to pull out my #37 was notable. . .
he asked for a repeat, and k9bgl, who probably heard neither one of us, called
cq on the freq, answered by WD0T.  But we persisted, and after their qso I
continued to send "37", hearing finally (I hope) a weak confirmation from Ted.
N6RO saved me from missing the rare CA mult with a Q in the last 10 seconds;
efforts to work K6NV were futile.

See you all in the ladder next week pre-Visalia.

73 Bill n6zfo