[3830] GaQP W4NZ Rover Multi-OpCW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Apr 11 11:33:16 PDT 2011

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: W4NZ
Operator(s): W4NZ
Station: W4NZ

Class: Rover Multi-OpCW LP
QTH:

  160:
   80:      23
   40:    1200
   20:     959
------------------------
Total:    2182      0  CW-Dig Mults = 52  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 226,824

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Saturday - Operators: K0EJ, K4VIG, W4NZ
As in last year's GQP, we started in DADE county atop Lookout Mountain (el.
2100 feet) in Covenant College's parking lot. Following much the same route as
last year, we traversed 22 counties covering about 480 miles. Activity seemed
very good although conditions were somewhat erratic. It was good to have 20m
more productive this time but 80m was a bust on Saturday night. And that's the
only real shot you have at 80m in this event. At the end of the day we had 1104
QSO's in the log.

Sunday - Operators: K4VIG and W4NZ
K0EJ was unable to accompany us on Sunday and last year's teammate N5WR was
doing a solo run this year.  So that left it up to Gary K4VIG and myself.  We
knew the Sunday trek across the winding roads in the North Georgia mountains
would give both of us a real workout and it did. But there was a bright spot.
Following last year's route, we arrived in Hart County around 1900z.  This was
the scene of Murphy's attack on the van last year.  As it turns out Hart and
Franklin counties seem to be real RF hot spots as we experienced some of the
highest rates of the party. There was virtually no noise and all signals were
really strong.  The ensuing pileups were simply amazing.  Time constraints
prevented us from reaching Cherokee and Forsyth counties (next year!), but we
did manage to cover a total of 40 different counties.

Stations of special note: Bob W0BH (44 Q's), OM2VL - Laci,amazing signal,thanks
for all the QSO's(38), Rusty W6OAT (K4BVD) and Jim K9YC seemed to be everywhere.
The European gang was out in force, especially DK2OY, DL3DXX, DL3GA, DL6KVA,
DL8USA, OK1AOV, OK2EC, SP5SA and PA3ARM - Thank you!

Thanks to Mike NE4S and the entire GQP Team for a great party and
congratulations on your 50th anniversary!!

73 from the W4NZ/m rover team: Mark K0EJ, Gary K4VIG and Ted W4NZ