[3830] GaQP W1BO Single OpCW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Apr 11 17:21:21 PDT 2011

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: W1BO
Operator(s): W1BO
Station: W1BO

Class: Single OpCW LP
QTH: CHAT

  160:      0       0
   80:     81       0
   40:    160       0
   20:    120       0
   15:      1       0
   10:      0       0
    6:      0       0
------------------------
Total:    362       0  CW-Dig Mults = 46  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 33,396

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

FT-950/80m Dipole/100-watts/Portable Operation - Well my plans to work form
Stewart and Quitman counties this year never materialized but thankfully I was
able to find some hidden real estate on Fort Benning â€" GREAT LOCATION!
Everything went extremely well minus the fact that my antenna decided to come
sliding down due to a limb breaking then it took me a little while to get her
back up into a good spot but once I did things were great (thankfully this was
the only major visit from Mr. Murphy during this evolution of the GQP â€" there
was one other instance see my next posting for details!)

FT-950 performed flawlessly â€" definitely a great decision on my part to get a
new radio as you can tell made  a difference in the QSO’s. Moved off a few
times for the mobiles most memorable was N4ZZ who jumped in on my freq and
didn’t even give me the multi <LOL> - I know he couldn’t hear me because I
could hardly tell he was in there and it wasn’t until I heard other stations
working him that I realized he was even there. But in the name of all fairness
it was time for a band change anyways he just helped me solidify my decision
there â€" Thank you for coming down and helping out hope to hear you during the
AQP and maybe this time you will work me? ;)

Thanks to everyone for the great event this year and practice has definitely
made me a lot more sound in packing my gear out think I had everything I needed
plus extra gear just in case.

Jeremy