[3830] CQMM DX AL9A SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 17 16:06:13 PDT 2011

                    CQ Manchester Mineira DX Contest

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 7:38

   80:    0      0
   40:   24      7
   20:   79     22
   15:   50     13
   10:    0      0
----------------------
Total:  153     42  Countries = 24  Total Score = 35,310

A rather lame effort on my part.  Had several family time conflicts, but the
main problem was I had to use a new logger for this contest.  My usual contest
logger is WriteLog, but there is no WL contest module for CQMM. Downloaded and
installed N1MM as I was told it had a CQMM module.  Got the interfacing done ok
and had time to make one quick trip through the Quick Start instructions before
the contest.

My apologies to all those whose exchanges I botched up whule trying to learn
how to use the ESM feature.  Only real problems with N1MM other than my
ignorance of most of the features was when I turned on Record QSOs.  In short
order N1MM crashed not once, but twice.  Fortunately I didn't lose any calls.
A quick seach of the Help manual revealed a FAQ about this problem, but in
relation to using MMTTY and recording RTTY QSOs.  Apparently the problem exists
for CW QSOs as well.  Once I turned off the Record QSOs option no further
crashes.

Well, now to figure out how to export the adif and Cabrillo files and then set
aside ample time to read the manual and experiment with the bells and whistles
so I won't be such a novice next time around.