[3830] OnQP VE3ZF SO SSB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Apr 20 11:41:43 PDT 2011

                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VE3ZF
Operator(s): VE3ZF
Station: VE3ZF

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Manitoulin Isl., ON

  160:   0        6     5
   80:   0       44    25
   40:   0      298    92
   20:   0      517   101
   15:   0      375    70
   10:   0        6     6
    6:   0        0     0
    2:   0        0     0
---------------------------
Total:   0     1246   299  Total Score = 377,936

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My expedition to the Manitoulin Island for participation in Ontario QSO Party
2011 was challenging but very successful.

The weather condition was too far from being perfect due to strong wind, rain
and cold. Installation of antennas gave me a hard time. I was lucky getting a
few hours of break in gusting wind for final set up all of my antennas.
I installed 3 elements Spider beam on 10 meter’s tower, 2 elements phased
verticals on 40 meter’s and Inverted Vee on 160/80. My luck did not expand
far enough to test my new antenna - 2 elements phasing verticals on 80 meters
with 2 balloons are left for the next time.

Anyway, I was busy operating from the island. The propagation during OnQP was
great. I had hours of excellent Europe’s and North America’s pile-ups on
15, 20 and 40 meters....

Thanks to all for a QSO's during the contest. At the end of Ontario QSO Party I
had more than 1200 QSO's in my LOG. A few hours later storm destroyed the Spider
beam - under strong wind 2 inches fiberglass pipe broke down....

Dispute the weather, I enjoyed my favorite activity and satisfied with my
results. I am planning to come back to Manitoulin Island in 2012.

Thanks for all who called me.

73! Igor VE3ZF