[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Apr 21 23:16:13 PDT 2011

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Apr 22

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): 29mins

  160:   1      1
   80:  13     10
   40:  12     11
   20:  23     12
Total:  49     34  Total Score = 1,666

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I don't like the 666 in my score and am'tempted' to reduce it manually to 1665
!!!

Almost totally QLF'd and missed another NS tonight.  Had just finished one of
many tasks going on here, and decided to take a quick look on 14.040 to see if
any new IOTAs might be QRV.  Imagine my surprise (and shock) when I heard
Ted/W4NZ sending 'NS W4NZ' about 0221 or so.  I had forgotten today was
Thursday (again)... in spite of emailing Ned/K1GU and a few other NS'ers
earlier today about something.

It was PANIC CITY here as I raced to the other room to grab the small flat
screen monitor to plug into the remote netbook sitting up too high to operate
with, swapped the keyboard & mouse cables from the regular shack confuzer,
scrambled to fire up the remote and set the logger time to WWV.  It was like a
Chinese Fire Drill, and didn't make my first Q until 0231 UTC. Having not done
the NS for weeks (what seemed like a year), I felt like a fish out of water
;-(

It took about 20 minutes to finally get into feeling comfortable, in spite of
wanting to chuck it in a few times.  Glad I stuck it out (except for the 666 in
my score). Scary ;-(

Congrats to all the 'Personal Best' showings tonight, and a Mega-Congrats to
TyPA/NO3M, who wins the LOCUST X-PRIZE with his Stellar well over 3,000 point
score. I think that's the highest of any LXP winner!  (TY: Please let me know
your desired address for the NCJ Subscription).

To all those who didn't think the LOCUST X-PRIZE was attainable anymore, HA!
Instead of lowering-the-bar from 3,000 pointes as was temporarily done once
before, methinks it is now time to RAISE-THE-BAR for the next NS Ladder to
maybe 3,300 or 3,500 points :^)

Tnx to BillCO/K0UK for my only 160m Q right at the end.  Hard to believe I
didn't work N6RO on that band.  Guess he was too busy making a 'Personal Best'
to fit me in - ha ha ha :^)

73 & Tnx for the Q's and Mult's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust