[3830] NAQP CW K6CSL Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 7 03:33:59 PDT 2011

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA-SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 9:30

  160:    0     0
   80:    1     1
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  113    57  Total Score = 6,441

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #4

Comments:

With the bad solar reports, 3 solar flares with CME's just before the contest,
with full effects predicted during the contest period, I certainly had concerns
that the contest might be a disaster. Not So. However 10 and 15 really weren't
there. This is my second best score for this station. My August 2010 score was
86 x 47=4, 042. However my records show that in August 2008, I did 125 x
79=9,875. One thing I noticed however, were the repeat experiences of calling a
station and then his signal dropping into the noise and sometimes not returning
to copiable strength. I also found a number of ops who apparently didn't have
the patience or motivation to hang in there and get the info. I also suspect
that many of the larger stations were having real problems copying LP stations.
The biggest problem I experienced was the lack of many mults. I heard SD once,
briefly, I never found ND or any of the VE's other than VE7 and one VE3. I did
work a VO2 and DE and MS, which are always tough mults to find. I worked XE2MX
but no other NA DX. They just didn't seem to be there, which is certainly an
indication of the volatile condition of the bands. It will be interesting to
see how things work out for WAE CW next weekend. TNX to all the KB'ers who gave
me points. Bert, K6CSL