[3830] NAQP CW N4ZZ Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 7 13:59:05 PDT 2011

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N4ZZ
Operator(s): N4ZZ
Station: N4ZZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN

Total:  952   219  Total Score = 208,488

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG #1

Comments:

The morning started off with a thunder storm that had me running upstairs to
disconnect everthing from antennas and power outlets.  I was thinking it is
going to be a bad weekend for radio contesting.  However, after the morning
storm passed things went good, the high bands for us here in the southeast were
pretty good with openings to the NE and SE, but not to the west or SW.  The low
bands were as usual noisy and signals were in and out of the noise especially
noticed on 80 and 160 meters.  I had checked my 160 antenna out the evening
before the contest with AD4EB a local TCGer about 30 miles south of me and he
was hearing me 20 over s9, but during the contest we could barely hear each
other. I had to call Jim 3 times before he could pick me out for a q.

I always enjoy working the NAQP.  Thanks to all those folks that put in the
hard work in to make this contest so enjoyable.  Thanks for the Q's and see you
in the next one.

73 Don-n4zz