[3830] NAQP CW W0UA(@K0RF) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 7 18:25:44 PDT 2011

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W0UA
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: K0RF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

Total:  820   214  Total Score = 175,266

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Can you say QRN?  I knew that you could...

Had a nice first hour and thought this baby might produce.  Wrong!  Were the
high bands too long or too short here?  Damfino.  I heard West Coasters working
East Coasters right over our heads on 10--not a peep here from the Easterners.
15 was just plain "soft."  If I had a 5-spot for every unanswered CQ on 20 I
could buy-out the whole NR5M station.  Same with 40.  Just couldn't keep
anything going after the initial rate-spikes.  Seems to me that happens every
August.  We need to look into it--and so we ahall.  80 and 160 were a
"crash-course" in summertime operating.  Lightning was visible to the East and
Southeast all evening.  All QSO's those bands courtesy of Mr. H. H. Beverage.

Movers & shakers included Ed, VE4EAR, the ubiquitous Loco, XE2MX, Gary, N0SXX
and Alan, KO7X--Alan & I did a little spectrum-tour late in the gig--that was
fun, thanks, OM!  Thanks to all who selflessy moved to provide mults!

OK, bigger, better, and (hopefully) quieter next time...

Geo