[3830] NAQP CW W0BH Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 7 20:24:30 PDT 2011

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS

Total:  702   201  Total Score = 141,102

Club:

Team: CTDXCC Jalapenos

Comments:

It was nice to have 10 and 15 open, but still pretty slow the first 4 hours once
I worked most of the regulars.  40 was in good shape and a never-ending stream
of callers. I also needed mults, so finally I went to 80, then on to 160 the
last hour.  Lots of QRN.  Without the beverages, I could hear nothing, and even
with the beverages, it was really a challenge on both bands.  Still managed to
eke out some Qs and must compliment the low-band ops who hung in there.

Overall, I missed OK HI NE ND (had a surprise ESP visit from KL7RA on 40). In
VE-land, I missed NT NB NU YT and NL. I worked 417 unique calls. My only
6-banders were with K1MK, NC4KW and NO3M, and I had five 5-banders.

All-in-all, a fun way to spend early August in Kansas.  We had company part of
the day, so my off-times weren't optimal.  Left for dinner running 120+ on 40m,
but the dinner was terrific and I stayed an extra half hour to visit.

Hope you all join us for the Kansas Sesquicentennial QSO Party Aug 27-28th.
We're honoring the 150th year of Kansas statehood and using 1x1 calls to
celebrate with extra certificates, awards (including the 1965 Amateur Radio
stamp issued by the post office), and our usual 17 plaques.  Check out the
party at www.ksqsoparty.org.

73, Bob, w0bh