[3830] ARRL UHF K4LY Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Aug 8 08:03:38 PDT 2011

                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC

  222:  16     14
  432:  33     23
  903:   1      1
  1.2:  11      7
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  61     45  Total Score = 2,745

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

Could not get my 2304 to work after getting stacked 45 el loop yagis on tower at
73'.  My 902/903 doesn't work very well!  The old 8/8 skeleton slot (circa 1968)
on 222 works FB.  The stacked M2 14 wl yagis on 432 worked FB.  My 10W to the 55
el LY on 1296 with my only mastmounted preamp worked FB.
I have used the internet in some recent V/UHF contests so haven't been
submitting scores.  Wish they changed the rules because it's more fun to make
more contacts!  Thanks to the rovers and portable operators.  Wish the guys in
the Washington/Baltimore/Philly megalopolis would look down this way.  Stations
I can always work with a sked were never heard, though I listened and called CQ
that way frequently. I worked 2 staions in PA, none in MD or northern VA, and 5
stations (6 grids)in Florida with at least 7 contacts on 222/432 over 400 miles
with 100W low power (2 contacts over 300 miles with 10W on 1296).  Conditions
were typical summer- a little early morning enhancement out 300 miles or so.