[3830] WAE CW K1IMI(N4CW) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Aug 15 03:38:58 PDT 2011

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K1IMI
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: K1IMI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ME

   80:   49    50    68
   40:  179   170   105
   20:  615   639    88
   15:  339   300    86
   10:    3     9     6
-------------------------
Total: 1185  1168   353  Total Score = 824,255

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

About the same number of Q's as last year, but LOTS more mults! Had some great
rates due to super ops in Europe copying QRQ QTC's flawlessly...really
amazing!
Just when everything's "cookin'", Murphy strikes; amplifier faulted Saturday
night and wouldn't play on Sunday...so had to do Sunday barefoot! That wasn't
easy. Lots of other stations "ate my lunch" in pileups, notably on 10. It was
hard holding a run frequency with 100 watts, but I persisted. Late Sunday
afternoon, it was like I had the amp back...I had great runs. What was
interesting was the large number of stations that I worked that had small
numbers...not-so-serious ops that just showed up! All in all, it was fun.
Thanks to the WAE sponsors.