[3830] WAE CW N3RD(@N3RS) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Aug 15 11:22:38 PDT 2011

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RD
Operator(s): N3RD, N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PA

   80:  137          38
   40:  616          46
   20:  876          50
   15:  526          45
   10:   14          10
-------------------------
Total: 2169  2161   500  Total Score = 2,165,000

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This is the one "summer contest" that I always look forward to, and this one
provided nice rewards for the time invested.

Although the indices showed meager SFI, the A/K were good all weekend, and 15m
provided good runs both days.  QSB was bad on both 15 and 20, so it was a
blessing that our pesky power line noise was totally absent this weekend,
allowing us to listen right down to the band noise level effectively.  That
sure helps pick up the weaker signals, and get the serial numbers right.

We had rain static on the high antennas all day Sunday, and it was very
convenient to switch out the high antenna in the 3-stacks and run with the
lower 2.

As others have mentioned, the RBN promptly alerted us to the brief opening on
10m on Sunday.  We had checked a short while earlier, and the band was dead,
but it certainly opened with good signals, but only for a short time.  We might
have missed it otherwise.

Sig and I both enjoyed this one, especially since it looks to be an all time
high score for us.  Thanks to DARC for sponsoring this FB contest, and to all
the CW enthusiasts in Europe for getting on and having some fun.  We sure did.

73 - Dave N3RD