[3830] CWOpen N8BJQ HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Aug 20 09:12:25 PDT 2011

                    CWops CW Open - 1200Z-1559Z

Call: N8BJQ
Operator(s): N8BJQ
Station: N8BJQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  168   118  Total Score = 19,824

Club: SWODXA

Comments:

Lost about 90 minutes when the tribander stack suddenly quit working.  Traced it
to a section of 1 5/8" hardline that worked last night during the RTTY contest
and quit about 2 hrs into the CWO.  Got off to a slow start anyhow so I figured
I would take the time this morning while it is relatively cool to fix it.  It's
been buried for nearly 15 years so I dug out both ends and put the MFJ box on
it.  Needless to say it would be the far end that was bad.  Antennas checked
out fine.  Swapped the antennas to a spare run of coax and after retaping both
ends made it back for the last 15 minutes.  15 was just opening when I quit and
was open nicely when I got back.

The RDA contest made it a bit tough to find a spot to CQ on 20 and 15 but had
fun.  Will be back for the afternoon session.