[3830] SARTG WB2RHM/4 SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 21 11:13:04 PDT 2011

                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: WB2RHM/4
Operator(s): WB2RHM
Station: WB2RHM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Charlotte, NC

   80:    8    55     9
   40:   68   745    34
   20:  160  2005    63
   15:  159  2225    55
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  395  5030   161  Total Score = 809,830

Club: Mecklenburg ARS

Comments:

SO1R!  I was dreading the ever-present nightly thunderstorm cells, that have
plagued me for the last couple of contests.... but, they all split and went
around Charlotte, NC instead of flowing directly overhead.  And, Wow! What an
opening into SE ASIA all Sunday morning....  India, Philippines, Indonesia,
South Korea, Japan (on 20m as well as 15m)... all louder signals than next door
Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, and Illinois... that was fun operating. (Too bad this
wasn't the Makrothen, where distance counts)  This was a good shake-down run for
the CQ WW in September, and all on low-power SO1R (TT Orion, SteppIR 3el beam at
30' on rooftop tripod, and 40/80 dipoles at 30').  73,  Ben - WB2RHM/4