[3830] NAQP SSB W0BH Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 21 15:16:38 PDT 2011

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS

  160:    4     4
   15:    5     5
Total:  607   122  Total Score = 74,054

Club:

Team: Ad Hoc Contest Group

Comments:

It's opening weekend here at Hesston College and I've been burning it at both
ends, so couldn't put in full time this go-around. I started a half hour late
because of morning events.  There were stations on 15, but they really didn't
seem to hear me until I switched to the low dipole .. then I was able to make a
few Qs.  20 was great until I ran out of stations.  When the rate dropped below
35 and I was about ready to drop (we're talking mid-afternoon!), I decided to
take a nap and woke up two hours later .. felt much better and that allowed me
to carry on until 1 am.  40 was really short until the last hour and a half
when the rates finally came in.  The beverages played well on 80, but 160 was a
bust even with numerous CQs.

Look for me from 34 Kansas counties as K0S/m in the Kansas Sesquicentennial QSO
Party next weekend (Aug 27-28).  We have 13 mobiles and 33 1x1 calls spelling
KANSAS and SUNFLOWER with 19 plaques, certificates, awards, and 150 Amateur
Radio Stamps from 1964 (the only one ever issued by the post office) to give
away. All 105 counties are activated both CW and SSB. Check out
www.ksqsoparty.org, then join the fun!

73, Bob, w0bh