[3830] CWOpen AA8IA LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 21 15:32:37 PDT 2011

                    CWops CW Open - 1200Z-1559Z

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Toronto OH EN90ql
Operating Time (hrs): 2:50

   40:  16     16
   20:  48     36
   15:  33     16
Total:  97     70  Total Score = 6,790

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Worked late.  Bed at 4 am.  Set alarm for 7:45 am.   Didn't manage to wake up
til 9 am and so I got a late start.   I'm not used to early AM contesting, and
so I really didn't know where to start.   I picked 40m.   80m was not
operational at all this weekend due to me swapping out dipoles and not being
able to tune up on the CW portion of 80m.  [low ant, ends within a few feet of
fence rail, parallel and 12' away from the house.   I need to get it moved away
from the house and the ends raised some more].

I was trying to participate in at least two CWO sessions as well as work some
of NAQP SSB.   So really it's a blur to how it went.

What I can say is that for this being the first year, I thought the turnout was
really good.   Recognized a lot of the stations, but I also noticed quite a
number of calls that I do not remember working in any other test.   So it looks
like some people really came out of the woodwork for this!

The CWOps events are always a lot of fun.   Not as hectic as the sprints, and
overall a more casual feel than most other tests.   Just what i like.

I played in slots #1 and #2, but buttoned everything up before slot #3 since
bad weather was forecast.

Thanks to the creators/sponsors of this find test.   I'd declare it a success!
 It was great to work everyone.