[3830] SARTG MM0EAX SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 21 16:53:37 PDT 2011

                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: MM0EAX
Operator(s): MM0EAX
Station: MM0EAX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Orkney Islands

   80:   94   1000    41
   40:  185   2155    55
   20:  410   4870    84
   15:  242   2865    73
   10:   96    965    26
--------------------------
Total: 1027  11855   279  Total Score = 3,307,545

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

My First SARTG, I do like the 'Civilized' 3x 8 hour segment arrangement which
can accommodate even for 'murphy' putting in an appearance! I operate a 3
screen arrangement on my logging pc, and true to form (however 5 minutes after
the second session ended) my centre screen went blank! pfff there's a headache!
with no spare monitor at hand 4+ hours fiddling with screen resolutions and
trying to locate floating boxes etc etc finally get things going again and not
1 single minute operating time lost!

Conditions were not great here;

80m- A big disappointment very noisy and didn't seem to be much around.

40m- Seemed good but only during the first 8 hours all the W mults were wkd
very quickly however noticeably very few JA's n VK's. Again same as 80m seemed
to be very little close in european activity during daylight hours.

20m- Good! Open the entire 24 hours and nice to be have the pleasure of jumping
from 40m - 20m instead of 80m during the wee small hours.

15m- Reasonable! However it bombed on Sunday signals were way down compared to
the saturday.

10m- At this Northern latitude and this time of the cycle we don't expect much
from 10m! so not really dissapointed and I suppose a 1 hour opening on Sunday
morning is as about as much as we could expect! landed 25 more mults here than
I expected so I suppose it was a bonus.

On a lighter note apologies to '5B4AIF' my shakey hand hit the F5 key and ended
up sending my call 6 times at him. It was amusing to see 'MM0EAX 599 ETC'
followed by 'I got the first one!'

de MM0EAX