[3830] KsQP K0N(K0VXU) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Aug 29 09:37:06 PDT 2011

                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: K0N
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0N

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kansas

   80:
   40:   62     92      0
   20:  245    615      0
   15:   15    128      0
   10:    2     24      0
----------------------------
Total:  324    860      0  Mults = 60  Total Score = 161,600

Great fun as usual.  Thanks to all who provided QSO's.  I worked 'FLOWER' 1x1's
but missed 'KANSAS'....would you believe I didn't work either N0N or W0N!

It took me a while to remember to say 'K0N' on SSB...no problem on CW as I use
N1MM and let it do all the 'talking'.

Band conditions were very good for DX....324 DX QSO's.  Saturday evening I was
still working Europe on 15 meters well past their sundown.  Even on 20 meters I
was working and hearing both Europe and Pacific stations at the same time.

Worked all 50 states but couldn't eke out a SK, YT, PE, or NU.  SK is usually a
snap from this QTH.  The last 3 holdouts of the states were AR, NE, and SD which
were worked in the last hour on 40 meters SSB by soliciting anyone in those
three states to give me a call -- it worked.

I was most disappointed in RTTY.  The SCC contest swamped all of the RTTY freqs
and I couldn't get things moving.  After about 15 minutes I abandoned that mode.
 In talking with other KS stations during the party I got the impression they
had equal difficulty with RTTY.  Maybe next year I can be more diligent with
that mode.  Some KS ops said they had more luck with PSK31.  Presently, I am
not setup to contest in that mode.

Finally, a big shout out for Bob, W0BH, for making this event a huge success.
Lots of hard work by him to coordinate all the 1X1 calls and ops.  Bob, you
outdid yourself this year. Great job.

Hopefully, I'll see you all next year.

73,
Russ - K0VXU