[3830] OhQP N1L(N8XX) Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Aug 29 15:09:23 PDT 2011

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: N1L
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: BROWN County

   80:   66     32
   40:   50     43
   20:    7      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  123     75  CW Mults = 59  Ph Mults = 50  Total Score = 34,989

Club: Queen City Emergency Net

Comments:

Vy Interesting working as N1L (Acronym for N)ot I)n L)og from a very rare county
(BROWN) during the Ohio QSO Party.  Attempted to start on 20 metres, tried it
for an hour, worked on 7 Q's - mizzerable luck.  Wondered if the high noise
level was because of local interference (though I was >500 feet from a power
line or other possible sources of local QRN)  Glad to hear from other folks
that 20 metres was generally a bust.  Location was fine, at the DELLA GATES &
EDWARD CHARLES BOTT WILDLIFE AREA, about 6 miles south of Blanchester, on the
BROWn/CLERmont border.  (I could have moved the antenna about 500 feet and
would have been in CLERmont County!)  Antenna was "Plan B" - I tried shooting a
fish line over trees, about 40 to 50' high, but after a few attempts at "tennis
ball eating trees" I gave up and hoisted the center of the antenna @ 32' with
my trusty army surplus mast and used it as an inverted "V."  Either conditions
were better during last year's effort, or signals were down.  Worked only 198
Q's before giving up around 0230Z with very low rate on 80 CW, few were
listening for a pipsquoke signals on 80 CW, worked all the S&P'ers I could find
and the Mobiles were either S&P or too weak for me to be heard. (Dratz!  I
missed BROWn county with a mobile trundled through - only heard him during his
S&P effort).   Thanks to the Ohio QSO Party organizers for a great event!