[3830] SCC RTTY AB1J SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Aug 30 17:43:52 PDT 2011

                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Waltham, EMA

   80:
   40:   61  141    38
   20:   48  120    34
   15:   53  142    35
   10:
------------------------
Total:  162  403   107  Total Score = 43,121

Did some time in the SCC while awaiting my windy
and rainy date with that bodacious babe Irene.  She blew into
town just as the contest was winding down, having been downgraded
to a tropical storm but still with plenty of personality.  We had
a rather stormy one day stand and then she lit out for Canada,
wreaking havoc all along the way.  She's not the kind of gal I
could take home to Mom. Good night, Irene.

We suffered no damage but did lose our phone and Internet service
for a while, which is why this is a little late.

I like the exchange in this contest. In my log they ranged from
1948 to 2011. Mine is 1958. I was one shaky Novice back then with
no idea what I was doing and those old logs are a hoot to read now.
Incomplete QSOs were the norm for the first month or so. I had to
make a sked with my mentor, now W9CG, just to get to the point
where I could say 73.  He hand delivered his QSL.  My first one.

Mostly, though, I'm still acquainting myself with the N1MM logger
which I've been using in CW and RTTY contests since late last winter.
There's a lot to learn and I want everything to become second nature
to me.  And to avoid dumb mistakes.

The next really big thing is the CQ WW RTTY, less than a month off.
I'm totally amped for it.  No, no, I don't mean that.  I'll be running
low power.  Really.  I'm just excited, all wound up.

Do you think decaf would help?

I hope to work every last one of you there.

73,
Kermit, AB1J