[3830] CQWW CW HA7GN SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Dec 3 12:39:36 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: HA7GN
Operator(s): HA7GN
Station: HA7GN

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Szigetszentmiklos

  160:  190     6       40
   80:  241    10       48
   40:  324    23       79
   20:  548    25       69
   15:  342    29       89
   10:  331    24       77

It became a moderate effort from my home QTH. The antenna system that I finished
to install Friday evening over my 250m2 yard worked out decently. As not much
sleep, only two hours left before the contest resulted in a headache by
Saturday morning and I did not feel the urge to use the carefully set SO2R.
This was the first time I used the RBN in a contest. I was amazed by the
effectiveness in S&P. Looking at the top scores in SOAB(A)LP I may need to
re-phrase my strategy by putting more emphasis on S&P to seek for more
multipliers (or just to sleep enough prior to the event and force myself to use
the 2nd radio). Overall I don't mind that spent that much time CQing as the JA
and W6/7 rates achieved with low power I have never experienced before.
The only annoying element of the contest was during nightime when I remote
switched one of my neighbour's alarm horn time to time by forgetting to drive
back the power to below 50 watts on 40m after a band change from 80/160m...
I sadly missed my targets of 2k QSO and 2 million points; but lessons learned
and have already ordered a timer to switch me off 8 hours before the next
contest.

Equipment:
FT2000 & FT897D
Aerials:
160m: Inverted L (18m high)
80m: Vertical
40m: Wire Yagi @ 15m
20/15/10: TH3 @19m, A3S @8m, DX77 multiband vertical

See you guys in the next one!
73/DX!
Gabor HA7GN
(a member of the "PSE QRS - Hungarian Contest Team")