[3830] ARRL 160 CE1/K7CA Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 4 06:12:27 PST 2011

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: CE1/K7CA
Operator(s): CE1/K7CA
Station: CE1/K7CA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Huasco
Operating Time (hrs): 15:15

Total:  QSOs = 439  Sections = 76  Countries = 0  Total Score = 66,729

Conditions were good Friday night with decent propagation to the States and
summer QRN below normal.  Saturday night the propagation was not so good and
never even heard a decent signal until after 11pm local.  And the summer QRN
was a bit worse. Propagation to Europe was OK since they kept calling in and
were worked for no score.  I saw some complaining on the reflector about this
being a poor contest with no chance to win.  I believe I'm winning just by
being able to work new stations and having fun doing it.  If you are looking to
win something then why not try to be the best in your section.  I operated this
contest many years from Nevada and Utah and we never, never have a chance to
have the high score in SOHP from out west but that doesn't mean we stop trying.
 I enjoyed the contest and hope to see you all next weekend in the ARRL 10m
contest and then my favorite, the Stew Perry contest where folks far away from
big ham populations actually do have a chance for top scores.  73, Al CE1/K7CA