[3830] ARRL 160 VE3HG Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 4 08:34:55 PST 2011

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE3HG
Operator(s): VE3HG
Station: VE3HG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: on
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 173  Sections = 38  Countries = 2  Total Score = 13,494

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Thanks to Harry VA3EC got a new W8AMZ sloper pointing to south-east which was a
good 2-S units better than the Alpha-Delta sloper pointed to south-west. Ran 75
watts out instead of QRP and worked everyone I could hear which didn't include
Florida, Texas or California and nobody west of the Mississippi. Think the new
sloper is very directional as eastern seacoast stns were loud here. Not much
fading and with 10db of attenuation on SDR Flex 1500 I couldn't hear Harry 5
kHz or more away who is 360 meters north of me.