[3830] ARRL 160 OL0A(OK1CZ) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 4 10:58:32 PST 2011

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: OL0A
Operator(s): OK1CZ
Station: OK1CZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kolin

Total:  QSOs = 106  Sections = 36  Countries = 2  Total Score = 7,632

Fri/Sat night the condx were dreadful, only a few big guns were audible with
very weak signals so I went to bed at 2330Z, missing the first night/morning.
I got up into full daylight, one hour after sunrise but checking the band I was
surprised to still hear a weak W3 or W4 stn (don't remember who it was though).

Sat/Sunday night was much better. The condx improved and peaked between 02 and
04Z when I had a nice run of about 50 stations coming back to my CQ. Otherwise
I tuned the band and played with both QRO and QRP, S&P calling stations and
testing the condx and the DX stns receiving systems :-).
Some of the East coast big guns were even workable with 5 Watts!
See a separate entry for OK1CZ which I am submitting for the QRP QSOs I made.

Total operating time about 7 hours.
RIG K3 + PA,  88ft vertical and 300m beverage.