[3830] ARRL 160 W0ANT M/S LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 4 11:15:03 PST 2011

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0ANT
Operator(s): W0ANT W0KU N0AH
Station: W0ANT

Class: M/S LP
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 326  Sections = 72  Countries = 5  Total Score = 48,744

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Missed RI, NNJ, LAX, NL, NT, SDG, NLI, WCF, PR, VI, WV, AK, MS

DX Worked  ZF, FM, PJ2, XE, VP2M

Cushcraft MA-160V Vertical  Icom Pro III, K9AY E/W Loop  small lot-

Scott, W0KU, came over early and helped us clean up a bunch of wiring and a few
ground issues which really got us prepared- W0KU operated with us Friday with
some great opening runs and it was nice having him part of the team.  Band
conditions were awful the first night for East Coast/West Coast, but we wrapped
up a lot of within 1,500 miles.  We never heard anything in the W1/W2 area
sustained but for a few minutes. Then, the gates opened Saturday and it showed
on Reverse Beacon with our signal finally going to the east coast working a lot
of stations on some sustained runs. Could of had the potential for +-500 Q's
after everything we know now, and picked up a few of these missing mults, but
worn out!

Was nice to get to KH6! But where was SDG and LAX?  Nice to hear W1AW! Thx for
working us-