[3830] ARRL 160 K0DU M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 4 11:50:17 PST 2011

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K0DU
Operator(s): K0CL KR7C
Station: K0DU

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 1077  Sections = 78  Countries = 10  Total Score = 204,600

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

We kinda limped in to this contest , our amp did not come from Alpha , our
beverages were ripped to shreds by the ELK and we were short two operators (
K0DU & K0UK ) this weekend . Larry concluded this was the weekend for Stan KR7C
. Who is KR7C? Stan has been licensed since 1977 and is currently living in
Aspen.  He retired from HP after 30 years as an electrical and software
engineer.  Stan operates primarily CW and enjoys contesting and the sprints.
Stan was off the air for 25 years and is excited to be active again.  This
contest was a great opportunity for Stan to get back into serious contesting at
a decent station.  Larry, K0CL, was a great contest Elmer and Stan learned a lot
about handling a pileup and dealing with QRN and QSB.  Larry & Stan worked 46
JA's, with 45 the first night; they must all have been preparing for work on
Sunday morning. Antenna here just that old crooked wire hanging off a tower .
Be back next week for more pain. CU then. The moderator K0DU .