[3830] ARRL 160 VE1ZAC Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 4 13:07:48 PST 2011

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE1ZAC
Operator(s): VE1ZAC
Station: VE1ZAC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Halifax

Total:  QSOs = 206  Sections = 41  Countries = 8  Total Score = 21,511

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

150 watts,(IC7700) and  50 ft Marconi T made from a Windom and some half baked
radials. Tough going 1st night. Lots of signals but propagation seemed
difficult and little DX. 2nd night a whole different story.. band was hopping
in Nova Scotia. Bettered my 2009 effort. Lots of fun. Some decent DX catches..
Caribean, Eu, UK and Wales, Ukraine. I really have to figure out how to stay up
later when the band is perking along well. It's about the only way to improve
the score. I have no room for bigger antennas, and it's miraculous that I can
operate from a small town lot on 160 this well at all.
K9AY was in there from WI.. a regular, and in fact used my K9AY for receiving
entire contest. Practically tied with VE1RGB I see.